My Weight Loss Goal

My Monthly Goal

Friday, March 26, 2010

Injury update

So this last week, while playing basketball I decided to take the ball in to the middle of the floor with three defenders around me and try to shoot it. Bad idea. I came down on someones foot and rolled my good ankle. This is what it looks like now compared to my other foot.
Yeah its kind of gross I know. So basically no running, or basketball, or stair climbing, etc. Until the stupid thing heals which keeps me from getting even close to my goal for the month. The last couple of days I've been barely maintaining what I have lost already this month, with no hope for much more. Anyway enough complaining, I was just really pissed off and had to vent. Thanks for humoring me with this. Hey Mindy, how are these updated pics? ;) Probably not what you wanted to see. Maybe I'll post one later.

4 comments:

Brandy said...

OUCH!! Sorry you hurt yourself. Hope you have a quick recovery!

Karilynn said...

BRANDON!! That looks painful! I would definitely suggest letting that bad boy heal before you get all crazy! Keep making good food choices and LIFTING! Building muscle means you are building FAT BURNERS!! Go for it!

Amanda said...

Ouch! hang in there the injury won't last forever!

Mindy said...

Well Brandon, those aren't exactly the kind of pics i was talking about ;0) but VERY COOL!!! So sorry to hear that you got injured. i too jacked up my ankle but NOTHING like you. As a professional (massage therapist) I'd recommend that you give your ankle TONS of time to heal. Your joints lose blood flow more and more the older you get which means that it takes much longer to heal then say a muscle does. If you don't let it heal you'll be hurting much longer. I'd also reccomend LOTS OF ICE!! 20 mins on 20 mins off at least 3 times per day! As far as weight loss find a swimming pool that you can get to. stabalize your ankle and go swim your little guts out!!! you can still do some serious damage if you push yourself in the water and it will be very low impact.
Good LUCK!
PS. Don't eat because youre bummed out... focus in on your good nutrition instead. :0)