My Weight Loss Goal

My Monthly Goal

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Does it really feel like we are half way through this?

10 weeks! Really? It's been 10 whole weeks which means we are basically half way through this competition. Ten weeks ago I weighed 32 pounds more than I do today, but I didn't feel as good then as I do now and 10 weeks from now I am sure I will feel better then I do today. With that said not only are we half way through this, but I am half way to my weight loss goal. I would like to be there before May so I can use the last month to refine my new lifestyle, but if not I'm not worried about it. Just as long as I can continue to push forward and not take any steps backwards, I know that I will accomplish it by the end. So this week has kind of been up and down, mostly with work though. Working only a few hours for a few days during the week can really throw off your routine. I am just glad that we our contractor finally started on some new houses today. Three new holes dug in Heber. Even though that means we won't start on them for a week or two, it's very promising. Things should really start to pick up here soon, and then we will be swamped with work. Anyway, I'm losing on average about 3 lbs a week and should continue to do so (if not more) for the rest of this comp. It's definitely not easy to stay on top of, since I am only eating about 900-1100 calories a day, and working out for at least an hour every day. (Yes Justin, EVERY DAY!) There is temptation every where, you just have to say "No!". And sometimes more than once. Just ask Justin about his twizzlers on Super Bowl Sunday. (Jerk! :}) Until next week, my your food be healthy and delicious, and your exercise plentiful and ass kicking!

3 comments:

Karilynn said...

BRANDON!! Less than 1200 calories a day is NOT healthy for anyone.. DO NOT follow livestrong on this recommendation. Seriously... soon it will tell you to eat 800 calories a day. It's SO SO SO NOT OKAY!

Brandon said...

Honestly I'm only estimating, and it is probably closer to 1200 per day, everyday. I also have not been dropping my calorie intake as I lose weight, cause it is impossible to not be hungry on the lower calorie intake. Thanks for the concern, I'll make sure to not go less then that from now on.

Mindy said...

it is crazy that we're half way through. you got me thinking and i realizd i'm not quite half way through my goal for this competition... i'm shy by 5 lbs. right now so i guess i'd better step it up and kick some but in the next little bit. the extra side competition with Karilynn is helping. :0) although my scale is not moving fast enough that's for sure.
keep up the good work and karilynn is right... don't go crazy or you'll just blow up like a freaking balloon when you start eating again. also, make sure you're getting enough protein!!! You rock!