My Weight Loss Goal

My Monthly Goal

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Week in Review

So I've noticed that it is really hard to quit your not so good habits if you have access to things that contribute to them. Take eating for example, if you have junk food and food that is good for you, nine times out of ten you are going to eat the junk. Snacking (or not to snack) is especially difficult when you have things that you are used to eating going up against things that you would not normally eat. Fortunately, (although I did give in and eat some high calorie/low quantity items (ex. Doritos are 150 calories for only 12 chips)), I maintained enough control and restraint to stay on track with my WL goals. Now if not for the treadmill in my basement, I might not be able to say that. Especially since I slacked this last Saturday and didn't make it out to play ball. No seconds on meals is probably going to be the most difficult thing to stop or limit, because that is a very old habit. Been doing that since high school (or was it junior high?). Not sure there.

Everything else is going OK. Work is a little slow, so there is limited activity throughout the day. I'm really hoping that everything that is supposed to happen does so soon, otherwise stress might become my biggest enemy against my war on weight. School is going good, but still a few weeks away from my first A+ exam. Anyway, till next time, good luck in the weeks to come. Oh and Justin don't eat too many of those Deluxe Chili Cheese Fries from Del Taco, cause we all know how much you love them. Ha ha ha. :}

6 comments:

Jessica B said...

Wow way to go Brandon, This is really going to be neck and neck!

Karilynn said...

Umm.. I can't believe you talked about deluxe chili cheese french fries right in front of me... UGH!! I'm excited that you and Justin are so good at this rivalry thing... we are going to be a family of skinny people very soon... then what are we going to do for fun on holidays? OY!

Brandon said...

First person shooter multiplayer/multisystem last person standing wins competitions!!! That works for me!!

Vicki Sue said...

I have no idea what you just said!

Jen said...

I just have to say way to go on being aware of your choices, even when they arent always the best... I think that has been the key for me as to why this is different... I still occasionally choose something thats not the best, but its always a consious decision, and I go right back to the good choices. You are doing great :)

and good luck on the A+! I took that last spring, it was a crazy amount of information, but it was actually a pretty fun class, I thought!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, junk food is the spawn of the devil! I find that when I am bored, that is when the junk food calls out to me. It is also easily accessable (sp?) so you tend to go for it more often. Try having some healthy snacks prepared so you can just grab and go. Some ideas: apples/peanut butter, celery/low fat or fat free cream cheese, almonds or walnuts/rasins, etc. Personally I feel more refreshed after eating the healthy foods.
I must say that you are a champ to be able to limit yourself to the serving size! That is a great start!