My Weight Loss Goal

My Monthly Goal

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One last push!!

This is it, only 8 days left this month. Still pushing for a double digit loss with less then 3 pounds to go. I'm also almost out of the overweight category on the BMI index ( I know, I know, it is only a guide line). 25.4 and counting down to next week. It's been kind of a different week though. Lots of things going on. Work was pretty steady minus a couple of hours. My car decided to spring a leak on one of the brake cylinders and instead of putting more money into it (cause it is a piece of junk and shouldn't have lasted as long as it has), I bought my brothers car that he was selling. And aside from a few things it needs to pass inspection, is a much better car (it gets around 30+ mpg instead of the 20 that my junker gets and it is a manual transmission). Anyway, I'm kind of feeling all alone, like no one else is even competing in this any more. My main competition (Justin) is too close to his goal weight to put up a fight. And it seems like everyone else has basically given up, aside from anyone that has been bitten by the injury bug. (Sorry Amanda, I know how it is to get hurt and want to be able to do things, but are unable too. Get well soon.) Now I'm sure that this is not the case for everyone and I know that there are definitely people still working hard, this is just my perspective from reading other's blogs. Prove me wrong, put up a fight in the last 5 weeks we have left. Who knows, it might just do you some good. There is a saying in sports that says " You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!" Basically, if you don't try you will never succeed. Good luck to everyone trying to get back on the wagon and to everyone that is still on it.

3 comments:

Karilynn said...

Thanks Brandon for your little intro to poop talking! ;) Keep bustin your ass! You deserve every penny that goes into your pocket from this comp!

Amanda said...

You're doing awesome! WAY TO KEEP AT IT!!!

Jen said...

Have to say thanks for the throwdown! I've not been a consistent blogger the whole time, and I have kind of slacked off the last 2 or 3 weeks, so I havent lost anything this month so far, no gain, but no loss... I've been working on finding my motivation again, and I'm gonna jump back in and see how much damage I can do! who knows maybe next month I can even walk away with some cash :)